Website IT Recruiters for Tech Jobs - itrecruiters.technology
Information Technology Staffing Firm
Database Administrator – Work From Home
We are seeking a talented and self-motivated Database Administrator to join a growing IT team. The company’s culture emphasizes teamwork and focuses on continuous integration and test-driven development. The ideal Database Administrator will be a highly motivated individual that can work efficiently with a technical team in a highly demanding environment. Duties may include owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests, developing table, views, indexes and stored procedures utilizing best practices. Implementing maintenance procedures and overseeing and monitoring of system maintenance procedures on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved. The candidate must have outstanding communication and prioritization skills and be able to effectively take direction from management. This position is 100% Remote.
– Provide 24/7 support for firm critical databases.
– Perform troubleshooting, resolution and root cause analysis for database and application specific incidents.
– Perform schema design, capacity planning and change control management tasks.
– Execute database base-lining, benchmarking, performance analysis and tuning.
– Maintain and enhance database maintenance routines.
– Work with company technical leads and development teams to create and execute project plans in line with customer expectations and company strategic goals.
– Execute database backup and recovery operations, database patching and upgrades and implementation of database security policies.
– Profile and performance tune new and existing stored procedures.
– Integrate SQL systems with third-party tools and environments.
– Document policies, processes and procedures.
– Cross-training members of the organization on how to use databases effectively and efficiently.
– Support other key initiatives as the business dictates.
– 1-5 years of Database Administration (DBA) experience.
– Manage SQL database environment.
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related subject.
– Strong GPA (3.0 or higher).
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
– Excellent time management skills; able to multitask among projects.
– Solid Project management skills; able to take a project from inception to completion.
– Strong RDBMS concepts and experience in creating, maintaining and optimizing Tables, Views, Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions using SQL Server, T-SQL.
– Knowledge of database security methods and procedures.
– Understanding of ETL best practices across the enterprise.
– Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profile, Extended Events and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
– Knowledge of High Availability and Disaster Recovery options for MSSQL.
– Experience in a scripting language such as python or PowerShell.
– VLDB, VmWare and SAN experience a plus.
– Financial or Trading is preferred but open to anyone working with big data, analytics and high performance computing.
– PowerShell, Big Data, and Cloud is a plus.
Keywords: Chicago IL Jobs, Database Administrator, DBA, RDBMS, SQL Server, T-SQL, Tables, Views, Stored Procedures, ETL, High Availability, Disaster Recovery, MSSQL, Python, PowerShell, Trading, Financial, Chicago Recruiters, Information Technology Jobs, IT Jobs, Chicago Recruiting
Looking for a top IT recruiter to help your company hire for similar positions in Chicago, IL or in other cities? Our IT recruiters for tech jobs and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire Database Administrators for jobs in Chicago, Illinois and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiters for tech jobs and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext. 14 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to submit your resume for this job and others.
Atlanta IT Recruiters, Austin IT Recruiters, Baltimore IT Recruiters, Boston IT Recruiters, Charlotte IT Recruiters, Chicago IT Recruiters, Cincinnati IT Recruiters, Cleveland IT Recruiters, Columbus IT Recruiters, Dallas IT Recruiters, Denver IT Recruiters, Detroit IT Recruiters, Fort Lauderdale IT Recruiters, Houston IT Recruiters, Indianapolis IT Recruiters, Jacksonville IT Recruiters, Kansas City IT Recruiters, Los Angeles IT Recruiters, Miami IT Recruiters, Minneapolis IT Recruiters, Nashville IT Recruiters, New Jersey IT Recruiters, New York City IT Recruiters, Philadelphia IT Recruiters, Phoenix IT Recruiters, Raleigh-Durham IT Recruiters, Salt Lake City IT Recruiters, San Antonio IT Recruiters, San Diego IT Recruiters, San Francisco IT Recruiters, San Jose IT Recruiters, Seattle IT Recruiters, Silicon Valley IT Recruiters, St Louis IT Recruiters, Tampa IT Recruiters, Washington DC IT Recruiters
Information For Employers > General Information | About Us | How We Work | Trading Industry | Healthcare Information Technology | Government Contract Expertise | Request Services
Information For Job Seekers > General Information | Find A Job | Submit Resume | How We Work | Trading Industry Tech Pros | Healthcare (HIT) | Security-Cleared | Successful Interviewing | Sample Interview Questions
General Information > About Us | Our Values | Meet Our President | Position Types | Technologies | Blog | Coverage Area